Whether you’re an author, researcher, or publishing institution, there are multiple ways for you to order a dissertation through ProQuest. You can do the searching, or we’ll do it for you. Order once, or set up an ongoing schedule. You can even work with expert bibliographers and database specialists to create a selection profile and criteria that result in automatic delivery of the materials you need, as soon as they become available—and you retain the right to return anything that falls outside your criteria, for full credit.
Dissertation Author Copies
Own official reproductions of your work that replicate Library of Congress holdings. Learn more about author Milestone editions and how to place your order.
No library access to our dissertations and theses database? No worries. We’ll review the database using your keywords.
Request a search
ProQuest Dissertations and Theses — UK & Ireland (also known as Index to Theses):
The most comprehensive available record of doctoral theses from the United Kingdom and Ireland, now available on ProQuest.
Expanding ProQuest Dissertations and Theses Content Internationally
ProQuest Dissertations and Theses — UK & Ireland (PQDT — UK & Ireland) has been meticulously compiling citations to British and Irish dissertations and theses. The corpus of U.K. and Ireland dissertations and master’s theses in this product currently comprises over half a million records, with some additional 15,000 citations added annually.
The collection offers:
- The most comprehensive available listing of theses, with abstracts accepted for higher degrees by universities in the United Kingdom and Ireland, since 1716.
- Access to bibliographic coverage of theses produced by British and Irish universities.
- Bibliographic listings for content for 1950-1986.
- Abstracts for content since 1986.
Complete records, with the most comprehensive coverage
A growing number of open-access U.K. and Ireland theses are listed on institutional repositories, but they are only a small percentage of the total number of theses produced annually.
Unlike institutional repositories, PQDT — UK & Ireland does not rely on individual academics to upload their works, ensuring coverage from leading British universities. PQDT — UK & Ireland also offers consistent bibliographic standards across all records, and easy cross searching of all U.K. graduate works, as well as global coverage when combined with ProQuest Dissertations and Theses (PQDT).
Valued content that’s affordable and precise
The United Kingdom and Ireland boast many of the world’s leading research universities. Graduate works from British and Irish institutions have been frequently requested by ProQuest’s existing PQDT customers.
And because PQDT — UK & Ireland is on the ProQuest platform, other benefits include:
- No need for training: PQDT — UK & Ireland is as easy as using PQDT. Access this unique collection of dissertation records without having to learn how to navigate a new interface.
- Cross search with other ProQuest products for higher usage rates, with less library administration.
- Search PQDT — UK & Ireland records concurrently with PQDT to provide your library users with a complete view of English-language dissertations and theses.
- No more searching across multiple databases; it’s all in one place!
- No unique set up or software required.
Ask us about:
- Upgrade offers for PQDT – Full Text
- Digitization and archiving of your retrospective dissertations
- Special discounts on large orders or dissertation copy purchases