Office Manager Cover Letter
Your office manager cover letter should convince the hiring manager that you have the necessary administrative and management skills to perform the job successfully.
Articulate clearly how the company can benefit from your strengths, skills and experience. Study the job posting carefully, do your research on the company and customize your cover letter to the specific job opportunity.
OFFICE MANAGER COVER LETTER
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mrs Janet Yates
18 South Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mrs Yates
Your job posting for an Office Manager caught my attention because my background appears to closely match your needs. Some of the key capabilities that I can bring to the opportunity include:
- 8 years diverse administrative experience covering all areas of daily office operations, executive support, human resources and hands-on accounting
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills ensure the completion of multiple ongoing activities with high accuracy and efficiency
- Resourceful problem-solver with documented success in designing and implementing best practices and processes
- Strong customer service orientation with a track record of willingness to take ownership of a wide range of responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professionalism and effective communication in a fast-paced work environment
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and QuickBooks
- A reputation as a self-driven, energetic and hard worker who excels in a team environment
I am enthusiastic and confident that I can deliver the results you are looking for in this position. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and schedule an appointment to provide you with more information.
Thank you for your time and consideration, I look forward to speaking with you soon.
When you craft your cover letter be confident of your ability to do the job. Make it easy for the reader to see how suitable you are for the position by clearly conveying the value you bring to the organization in that specific job.
Highlight your competencies as they relate to the opportunity.
- Planning, prioritizing and organizing skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem analysis and assessment
- Judgment and decision making skills
- Close attention to detail
- Task delegation
- Information collection and management
- Coaching and mentoring
- Customer service orientation
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Teamwork and collaboration
Your one goal with a cover letter is to get your resume read and to secure that critical first interview.
A concise and persuasive cover letter that provides the information the reader wants will achieve this.
Office Manager Cover Letter and Resumes
Office Manager Resume Sample
Office Manager Duties
Office Supervisor Job Description
Sample Administrative Job Descriptions
Office Manager Cover Letter Tips
Office Manager Interview Questions
Manager Interview Questions
Administrative Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Sample Cover Letters > Office Manager
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page
Sample cover letter for an office manager
To be considered for top office manager jobs, your cover letter needs to stand out. View this sample cover letter for inspiration.
Searching for an office manager job? This sample office manager cover letter below will help you manage to convince employers of your skills. And if you need more tips, the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you craft a high-impact resume and cover letter that can impress employers.
Additionally you can learn more about business careers and search for office manager jobs on Monster.
1414 Northwest Drive
Sometown, NJ 55555
Phone: (555) 555-5555
Mr. Jorge Matthews
ABC123 Retail Company
1414 Park Avenue West
Sometown, NJ 55555
Dear Mr. Matthews:
As an avid ABC123 Retail Company customer, I was excited to find your advertisement on Monster.com for an office manager for your new district headquarters. I couldn’t wait to submit my resume, which is enclosed for your review.
I currently serve as office manager for a busy financial services firm (XYZ Company), where I supervise a team of 12 employees and coordinate all office functions. My strengths in improving office systems and building a top-performing clerical team have earned repeated commendations and formal recognition from the company CEO.
Your new headquarters would benefit from my administrative and managerial skills. I offer:
- Ten years of experience leading front- and back-office administration and serving as a trusted assistant to senior executives;
- Well-honed office management skills, including hiring and supervising clerical staff; scheduling, calendaring and event planning; preparing reports; administering records management systems; and developing Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations;
- The ability to anticipate executives’ needs, follow through on all details and tactfully handle sensitive situations; and
- Computer proficiency, including a solid foundation in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access), Lotus Notes and QuickBooks.
I am confident that I would be able to organize and manage your new headquarters to create a smooth-running office. If you agree that my qualifications and passion for your company would make me a strong addition to your team, please call me at (555) 555-5555 or email email@example.com to set up a meeting. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Is your cover letter ready to be seen by hiring managers? Join Monster today. You can upload up to five cover letters and resumes. Recruiters search Monster every day to find outstanding office manager candidates just like you.