Interesting Personal Essay Ideas
A personal essay gives the reader a glimpse of your personal life experience. A lot of times you may need to compose a personal essay. It could be for a simple class assignment, or the requirement for a college application. In order to gain ideas of writing a personal essay, you can get inspired by the listed topics below. Just think of each of the ideas as a prompt for writing, and imagine any special moment the prompt may bring to your mind.
- How you and your best friend met
- The bravest moment of your life
- What makes your parents special
- The experience of overcoming a fear
- The moment your life changed forever
- Why you can succeed in life
- A difficult choice you have made
- A place that is special to you
- The experience of being let down by a friend
- A failure you experienced
- A disappointment you had
- A surprising turn of events you experienced
- Your favorite period of time
- A place you always try to avoid
- If you had power, what you would do with it
- What super power you choose to have
- If you could change someone’s life
- How money matters for your life
- Where would you go hide
- The biggest loss you have experienced
- If you could have a do-over
- Words that stung
- A book that has changed your life
- When you have the desire of running away
- When you have the urge of hiding in a hole
- The proudest moment of your life
- When you were taught a lesson by a child
- Words that prompted hope
- If your dog or cat could talk
- Your favorite time with family
- If you could invent something
- If you could live in a different country
- What the world would be like in 100 years
- If you lived 100 years ago
- The animal you would like to be
- The greatest movie moment
- One thing you would change about the world
- If you could change one thing about yourself
- The type of teacher you want to be
- If you could live anywhere
- A museum you’d like to visit
- If you could become a building
- Something a robot could never do
- An animal that could be in charge of the world
- The greatest discovery
- Your most fortunate day
- Your secret love
- Your secret talent
- The ugliest thing you have seen
- The most beautiful thing you have seen
- An accident which changed everything
- Something you have witnessed
- A right choice
- A wrong choice
- How you would spend a million dollars
- The meaning of color
- If you could start a charity
- Your favorite gift
- A close call
- A secret place
- A hard lesson
- An unexplained event
- Something you can’t resist
- A visitor that you can’t forget
- The longest moment you ever had
- An awkward social moment
- A near death experience
- The hardest news you had to deliver
- A special morning
- A kiss that meant a lot
- Why you will never tell a lie
- When you needed a hug
Narrative Essay Topics
In a narrative essay, the writer tells a story about his/her personal experience. However, treating a narrative essay like an interesting bedtime story would be a mistake. It goes further. In this type of essay, the writer should speak about his/her experience within a specific context, such as a lesson learned. With a narrative essay, the writer not only entertains the reader but also teaches him, illustrating his point of view with a real-life example.
If you are assigned to write a narrative essay, here are some narrative writing prompts:
NARRATIVE ESSAY WRITING
How to Choose a Narrative Essay Topic?
Choosing an interesting topic and thinking over short story ideas is particularly important. When writing a narrative essay you should think about your life experience in the framework of the assignment’s theme, you would like to speak about. You should always remember that even a tiny event or incident could serve a plot for an interesting narrative story. The point is that it should convey a meaning; it should be a kind of instructive story.
There is a number of helpful techniques helping to invent an essay topic. If you don’t have a clue what experience to describe, you can brainstorm with your friends, surf the Internet or use this list of sample narrative essay topics.
Before getting started to choose a topic from the list provided by our writers, let’s read one of the narrative essay examples:
NARRATIVE ESSAY EXAMPLE
In case you already have the topic to write about but need help with your essay, you can contact our essay writing service in UK to order a custom-written narrative essay with www.essaymasters.co.uk! Our professional writers are available 24/7!
Below is the great list of short story ideas:
TOP 70 Narrative Essay Topics
- If I could go back in time.
- If I could change anything in the history, what would I choose?
- The time I saw the weirdest thing in my life.
- My most frightening experience.
- One thing I’m afraid to lose.
- If I could change one thing about me.
- If I had a billion dollars.
- If I could stop the time.
- The most beautiful thing in the world for me.
- The most pleasant sound for me.
- My first day at a new school.
- The time I lost my friend.
- The time I got a new friend.
- My first day at a new job.
- My most disastrous day ever.
- My happiest day ever.
- The most irritating things in my life.
- An experience that left me disillusioned.
- How I met my fear.
- The moment I overcome my phobia.
- The achievement I’m proud of.
- My most dangerous experience.
- The journey that has changed me.
- The experience that taught me how appearance can be deceiving.
- My act of heroism.
- My act of cowardice.
- A thing I would like to change in my past.
- My first month of living on my own.
- The most successful day in my life.
- The time I was wrong about the person.
- My sudden act of a kindness.
- What my younger sibling taught me.
- A time when I felt that I’m experiencing a historic event.
- How I started relationships.
- The worst quarrel with my mother.
- An experience I thought I would never have.
- The biggest risk I’ve ever taken.
- Why do I like being alone?
- The hardest decision I’ve ever made.
- The hardest thing I’ve ever done.
- What challenges have I overcome?
- How do I relieve stress?
- What do I do when I feel depressed.
- 5 everyday problems that bother me.
- Who inspires me and why.
- Whom would I ask to come if I had my own Talk-show?
- People that have changed my life.
- Books or movies that have changed my world view.
- Devices playing the biggest role in my life.
- Side effects of my digital life.
- One day or week without an access to the Internet.
- What my profile in social networks tells about me.
- What music inspires me.
- What music can change my mood?
- What movies inspire me.
- What role television plays in my life.
- What television shows have mattered to me?
- What reality-show I would like to participate in.
- What memorable poetry have I learned?
- What books teach me.
- Why do I keep (or don’t keep) a diary or journal?
- What words or phrases I don’t like to use.
- The time I learned that grammar is necessary.
- The greatest conversation of my life.
- The teacher who inspired me.
- The role clubs and teams play in my life.
- My long-time passion.
- What superhero power I would like to have.
- Why I like (or don’t like) cooking.
- Waiting in line story.
More about a narrative essay:
NARRATIVE ESSAY OUTLINE
Have you already chosen a topic for your narrative essay? If not, feel free to contact our professional writers as they will offer a lot of topics to write about. Place an order for getting an instant quote for your narrative essay.